Supporting Children and Families Since 1981
We want kids and families to feel empowered, supported, and accepted when they work with Youth Dynamics. We provide a wide range of therapeutic services, providing each family with mental health care unique to their situation. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming environment in all our offices and youth homes!
Are you at your wits end? We may be able to help…
All families face difficult behavioral and emotional issues. These issues can lead to frustration, hopelessness, and stress for all involved. While there is no magic formula to tell us what help a child needs, this quick questionnaire can offer some guidance.
HAS YOUR CHILD:
Changed eating habits or sleep patterns?
Started hurting/teasing siblings, other children, or animals?
Had problems at school?
Caregiver Support & Education
Youth Case Management: Service Coordination & Advocacy
Therapeutic Mentor Program (FSA Program)
Substance Use Treatment
Our substance use disorder program is designed for youth who are struggling with drug or alcohol problems or co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues. This program focuses on the family dynamics of addiction, as well as providing youth with practical tools so they can make strong, healthy decisions.
Therapeutic Youth Group Homes
Youth Dynamics has group home care in four Montana communities (Billings, Boulder, Great Falls and Helena) and provides a variety of mental health services through these homes. If you would like information about Residential Care, please call for the best options for your child.
Transitional Living Skills
Services for Youth with Highly Sexualized Behaviors
How do I get started with addressing my child's mental health care needs?
Mental health services for children are very different than services for adults. Here are some guidelines to help you understand what to expect — we know it can be a difficult and emotional process to seek help, so please let us know what we can do!
- A teacher, medical provider, or other professional may refer you to Youth Dynamics for mental health care. Or you can contact us directly for help! Please call 1-877-458-7022 or visit our locations page here to connect with an office near you.
- You will talk to your local area manager who will get to know you and your family and will walk you through filling out an intake packet. At this time, you’ll learn more about the mental health care services we offer. All of our services are covered by Healthy Montana Kids (formerly CHIP) and HMK Plus (formerly called Children’s Medicaid). We accept many types of commercial insurance and offer sliding fee scale for uninsured. For more information, please see financial assistance.
- Next, a therapist will meet with your child and family (as appropriate) to do an “assessment.” This will take about an hour and is what the therapist uses to make recommendations for the services most appropriate for your child at this time.
- After the assessment, your specialized, highly-trained team of Youth dynamics professions will begin working with your child and family.
What are some typical mental health problems you can help with ?
There are many behavioral and mental health problems we can help with. Among them are:
- acting out
- problems with authority
- difficulty in school
- difficulty with peers
- poor attention span
- wetting the bed
- no plans for the future
- thoughts of doing harm to themselves
We also provide many mental health treatment resources for children who have been affected by abuse, neglect, and/or trauma. Youth Dynamics also offers mental health treatment for other behavioral issues, including substance abuse and children with issues related to sexual abuse and highly-sexualized behavior.
Where are Youth Dynamics' mental health care services available in Montana?
Youth Dynamics has mental health services in Billings, Boulder, Bozeman, Butte, Colstrip, Dillon, Glasgow, Glendive, Great Falls, Hamilton, Helena, Havre, Kalispell, Libby, Livingston, Malta, Miles City, Missoula, Shelby, and Wolf Point. We can travel to outlying communities within 60 miles of a Youth Dynamics office to provide direct mental health care to families. If you are not sure which office to call, please contact us at 1-877-458-4908 and we would be happy to help.